Friday, February 11, 2011

An 'Eve'l Song

I am a fairly superstitious person. I have lucky underwear. I don’t walk under ladders. Black cats freak me out. I also have what I consider an ominous song. A song that whenever I hear it, something bad or extremely unlucky happens to me. The song is the classic 90’s song ‘Inside Out’ by Eve 6. I loved that song in my younger years, but then bad, random things started happening to me. You are probably thinking it is just some sort of odd coincidence, but here are some facts to back up my claim. Anytime I listened to it before a high school cross country meet I would either run horribly or get injured. The song was playing on the radio the first time I got pulled over. It was on a mixed CD, the second time I was pulled over 2 years later. It took me 4 years to figure out the negativeness that is associated with this song and since then I have been avoiding it like the plague. Of course I have chance encounters with it on the radio, like the day I found out I was getting let go at work. I also played it on a road trip just to prove to my travel companion that it was unlucky. My car overheated and broke down in the middle of nowhere an hour after it played. One or two events might be coincidence, but this is a trend that won’t go out of fashion. So next time you hear ‘Inside Out,’ think of me and hope that I am not trapped in the bottom of a well due to hearing the song earlier in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment