Sunday, April 25, 2010

'Sister' Act

I am slowly realizing no one will let me date their sister. I find it fairly offensive, for I don’t see myself as being a bad guy. If I was in there position, I would let my sister date me. There is no way to write a sentence like that without sounding creepy, I am fully aware of that. If my brother was actually a girl I would let 40% of my friends date her (not at the same time), which is odd, given I would only let 5% of my female friends date my brother. I digress. The issue is what do my friends have against me that they don’t want me to be potential family? I have come up with two reasons why. They either secretly want me or they don’t want their sister or me to be happy. I had a third reason, being my friends secretly hate me, but who could hate me? That’s just illogical.

The question remains, how do I rectify this problem and make my friends want to set me up with their sisters? I could just let it slide and realize that this whole idea is a horrible mistake, but most of life’s greatest moments come from horrible mistakes. Example: Ben Franklin and flying a kite in a Thunderstorm. Also see, most unplanned pregnancies. I am literally drawing a blank on how to change this. I obviously can’t talk my friends into it, so I will just have to stalk down anyone of my friends whose sister I think there may be potential and plan a ‘chance’ encounter. For if the Shin’s taught me anything in this world, it is that “Caring is Creeping.” No? Not the name of the song? Well it should be. For it’s the truth. In all honesty I will probably do nothing, for do I really want to date a friends’ sister? No, but I would like to have the option if I wanted to.

No comments:

Post a Comment