Thursday, April 8, 2010

Trunk Mystery

While running I have witnessed many things. I have been chased by numerous types of animals such as dogs, ducks, and the occasional cat. I have also encountered many people, but the guy I met a few years back takes the cake. I was running in the country which I tend to do from time to time, when a man driving a beat up blue Ford stops me. I assumed like most people that stop me while I am running, that he is looking for directions. That could not have been further from the truth. I look in the window and here is a guy that looks like he is straight out of the movie Deliverance, with a twisted 'I am up to no good look in his eyes.' He says to me, “Wanna see what’s in trunk?” Now at this point a normal person would piss themselves, say no, and sprint away. I look around the area and see that I am in the middle of nowhere and figure why not? What is the worst thing that could happen; I make the 11 o’clock news, maybe end up with some scars, or even get a horror movie based on actual events made in my honor. So the guy gets out of his car saunters around the back and pops open the trunk. At this point all that is going through my head is the final scene in the movie se7en. I am sure it is going to be the head of a woman or a disembodied man of the last person that ‘got shown the trunk.’ It was neither, but to my shock, it was a live beaver on a leash running around in his trunk. Yes, a creepy random guy interrupted my run to show me his beaver. There is a lesson to be learned here, actually probably a couple, but what I took away from this encounter is not that you shouldn’t talk to strangers that might want to wear your skin as a jacket, but that at no point should you ever have a beaver in your trunk, especially in the summer. That’s just cruel.

No comments:

Post a Comment