Friday, January 21, 2011

Did You Just ‘Art?'

I never feel the urge to explain my art. You either get it or you don’t. Honestly, I don’t even understand my art half the time. Art should not be based off of aesthetics, some deep meaning, or an expression of some built up feeling. Art should be like a squirrel running around in the woods. You should just look at it, do not touch it and NEVER try to lick it. I know what you’re thinking, ‘then how is art made?’ It should be made from an uncontrollable urge. Much like one’s need to urinate. It is in you and it needs to come out or you will just burst. It should not be forced. Maybe if you see someone else, you will be inspired to want to do it. You should feel relaxed and relieved when it is finished, not uptight and stressed. Your stream of creativity should draw from every experience you have witnessed all put into some sort of form, depending on your medium of choice.

I have always felt like an artist without a medium. My head is full of creativity to an almost maddening level and it bubbles out of me in any form I can find. I don’t expect people to understand, nor do I waste my time trying to explain it. It is there, it is what it is, and people are going to think what they will. Life would probably be a lot easier if I could find a medium and stick with it, and just ooze out all my creativity into it. The only issue is I don’t want to feel like a caged monkey in a zoo, being watched and studied by kids and their parents, nor do I want other monkeys throwing feces at me. So I am going to just keep dabbling in any form I can find, writing, drawing, painting, sculpture, fort building, verbal diarrhea, and whatever else I can come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment